The safety of our patients and staff is paramount during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are following all guidelines issued by the Australian Department of Health for healthcare environments. This includes implementing additional preventative measures as well as policies and operating procedures to ensure we have a safe environment for our patients and staff.
Booking Your Appointment
When you contact AWI to book an appointment, you will be asked a series of screening questions to evaluate risk:
- Have you been instructed to self-isolate in the past 14 days?
- Do you have any cold or flu symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, fever, shortness of breath)?
If you answer yes to either of these questions, you will be further assessed to determine the urgency of your scan and whether it is safe to proceed. All indications are in keeping with SA Health Guidelines.
Attending Our Clinic
Our highest focus is on staff, patient and clinic hygiene. We have implemented the following processes to ensure this.
- You will be asked to scan the QR code upon entering the clinic.
- Hand sanitiser is available on arrival in our clinic.
- Waiting room areas have been adjusted to reflect required social distancing measures.
- Non-essential items in patient areas have been removed including magazines and toys.
- There are signs on our clinic doors with a message not to enter if COVID-19 is a possibility.
- All rooms and equipment are cleaned in between patients in accordance with SA Health guidelines.
- We ask that you only bring one support person (adult) to your appointment, if necessary. At this stage we are not allowing children in the room.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our safety precautions, please do not hesitate to contact our clinic.
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to provide a safe medical imaging service to our patients and referrers.