Adelaide Women’s Imaging is committed to providing a leading women’s imaging service. Our commitment to your comfort and safety is our highest priority. We invest in our clinical team, facilities and services to make sure that every patient is provided the most advanced imaging techniques in a safe environment.
Our sonographers are highly qualified and skilled. They participate in local and international clinical and service improvement training. This ensures the highest safety and quality standards are maintained.
We are dedicated to a service that meets your needs and makes you feel comfortable, accepted and supported. Our caring staff are trained and committed to making sure each patient understands the procedure they need, and the process involved throughout the examination. We welcome questions from you at any time, about any aspect of your care at Adelaide Women’s Imaging.
Adelaide Women’s Imaging infection control guidelines are based on state and federal guidelines and standards, supported by advice from local specialist Microbiologists and utilise currently accepted practices and procedures.
Our clinics use disposable, single use gloves, catheters, needles and syringes. They provide gowns, face masks, protective glasses and sterilising fluids for use in appropriate infection control guidelines.
Medical equipment that is to be re-used is cleaned and sterilised in accordance with Australian Standard (AS/NZS 4815).
Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare has information on preventing and controlling healthcare-associated infections.
Privacy is important to your medical care. At Adelaide Women’s Imaging we are committed to protecting our patients’ privacy, through explaining our practices, only collecting and disclosing medical information with patient consent, and resolving any privacy-related problems as quickly as possible.
Amendments to the Privacy Act 1988 require private sector organisations to protect the privacy of an individual’s personal information. This document explains Adelaide Women’s Imaging’s measures to comply with the Privacy Act.
Why we collect and hold your personal information
Adelaide Women’s Imaging collects and retains personal information (including sensitive health information) regarding patients in order to provide quality diagnostic services and assist in the provision of medical care.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
The main categories of personal information collected and held by Adelaide Women’s Imaging regarding patients include:
- Phone numbers(s).
- Date of birth.
Adelaide Women’s Imaging also collects sensitive (health) information in the course of providing health services to an individual including:
- The results of any tests or procedures.
- Information about your past clinical history (e.g.: medication taken, previous test results, etc).
- Other health information provided by your referring doctor.
- Payment and administrative information such as your Medicare or private health insurance information.
- Information collected directly from you (including verbally) when you attend our clinics; and/or
- Information provided by third parties such as your referring doctor or your authorised representative.
If you choose not to provide your personal (including sensitive health) information to Adelaide Women’s Imaging, we may be unable to provide you with the services you request.
For visitors to our website, the only personal information we collect is the information you tell us about yourself, if any. We use statistical software to capture information on the activity of the website in non-personal form. The information collected records statistical measures such as the number of users who use the website, the geographical area in which a user is located and the identity of their service provider. The software does not identify the user of the website.
How we use your personal information
If you are a patient, Adelaide Women’s Imaging may use your personal (including sensitive health) information for the purpose of:
- Making an assessment of your health status.
- Providing a specialist medical report about your health to your referring doctor.
- Billing and collection of any outstanding debts.
- Sending you reminder notices of specific tests as required by law (e.g.: Pap smear registry, Mammography, etc).
- Notifying relevant organisations such as insurance companies and legal advisers of an incident/accident when a claim of medical malpractice has been alleged; and/or
- Ongoing research of specific cases for the continuing education of professional personnel (such information being de-identified prior to use).
- Quality assurance activities, audit, practice accreditation, customer satisfaction surveys, market research/statistical analysis, marketing promotions and complaint handling; and/or
- Responding to messages/enquiries you submit through our websites.
If you are a visitor to our website, we will only use your personal information supplied through the website (including your email address) for the purpose for which you have provided it, unless you have consented otherwise or we are required to do so by the law. We will retain your information for as long as we consider reasonably necessary, at which time it will be destroyed.
Disclosure of your personal information
Adelaide Women’s Imaging does not sell or disclose personal (including sensitive health) information about our patients to drug companies or other health organisations/persons who are not involved in your medical care.
Adelaide Women’s Imaging may sometimes need to disclose personal (including sensitive health) information about you where it is reasonably necessary for the context of your treatment to organisations outside of Adelaide Women’s Imaging for medical, ethical, insurance, legal, scientific and/or procedural reasons. These organisations may include:
- Your referring health professional, nominees of your referring health professional (for example employees and other health professionals in your referring health professional’s clinic) and any ‘copied to’ health professional.
- Consultant medical specialists or other registered health professionals who are involved in your ongoing health care outside of Adelaide Women’s Imaging and who have been requested to provide further advice on your medical condition or to assist in responding to enquiries submitted through our websites.
- Hospital medical staff.
- Registered health professionals granted access to Adelaide Women’s Imaging’s secure web-based password-protected Referrer Portal (see below).
- Local contractors whom we have partnered with, under strict privacy requirements including those that relate to cross-border disclosure, to provide services to our business operations. We will not store or send your personal information outside Australia.
- Researchers undertaking research projects with appropriate ethics approvals, with such disclosure being under strict privacy requirements including a requirement that any disclosed information be de-identified if it is to be used in the project.
- Contractors who (under strict privacy guidelines) assist us in some of our business operations, such as:
o Maintenance of our information systems.
o Administration such as mailing.
o Billing and debt-recovery, corporate risk management, finance, and general office services; and
o Installation, maintenance and repair services.
- Contractors who (under strict privacy guidelines) review or perform further tests/procedures, including:
o Pathology tests that may be required after an x-ray; or
o Pathology tests that may not be performed by our laboratory and are referred to an outside organisation to perform.
- Your representative(s) (e.g.: your guardian, carer, a translator/intermediary and/or authorised representative (such as a family member or legal advisor).
- Health services or enforcement bodies in situations where Adelaide Women’s Imaging is informed there is a serious and imminent threat to your life, health or safety.
- Insurers (such as Medicare, Workers Compensation insurer, Motor Accident Insurer or your private health fund) for the purpose of benefits payable.
- Our professional advisors (such as auditors and legal advisors).
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
- A new business operator in the event that the assets and operations of an Adelaide Women’s Imaging business are transferred to another party as a going concern; and/or
- Our associated entities (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) within our corporate group structure.
Please note that if you do not agree to the disclosure of your personal information to some or all of the above-described recipients, we may not be able to provide services to you.
You can contact the Adelaide Women’s Imaging Privacy Officer if you have any questions around the disclosure of your personal information, including disclosure to researchers.
Adelaide Women’s Imaging may de-identify personal (including sensitive) information about you for use and disclosure of that de-identified information to organisations outside of Adelaide Women’s Imaging for the purposes of analysing our service quality and timeliness, marketing our services and the compilation or analysis of statistics comprised of, or related to, the health information that you provide to us. Personal (including sensitive) information may also be used internally for opinion, audit and educational purposes.
We will seek your consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. With this consent, Adelaide Women’s Imaging or authorised third party contractors may contact you for the purposes of quality assurance activities, customer satisfaction surveys, marketing promotions, market research or the compilation or analysis of statistics comprised of, or related to, the health information that you provide to us. When we contact you, it may be via mail, phone, email or SMS.
You can, however, contact the Privacy Officer, using the contact details below, at any time if you do not wish to be contacted for direct marketing purposes.
If you request not to receive direct marketing information, please note that we will still contact you to provide you with relevant information in respect of your ongoing health care. For example, we will continue to send you relevant statements, invoices, reminders, notices, etc.
Accuracy of your personal information
Adelaide Women’s Imaging endeavours to ensure the personal (including sensitive) information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to date and complete. The accuracy and completeness of that information depend on the information you provide to us (including when you provide us with information via the internet). We recommend that you inform us if there are:
- Any errors in the information we hold; and
- Any changes to your information (such as you name, address or Medicare number).
Your information is being kept safe and will not be disclosed to anyone without your permission. Internal procedures have been developed and staff training has been provided to ensure the privacy of your information is secure.
Access to and correction of your information
The best way to obtain your results is in consultation with your referring health professional, so they can interpret the results and explain them to you in the context of your healthcare. Your imaging findings are only one aspect of your health assessment. Your referring health professional is in the best position to discuss the imaging results and balance it with your other examination findings and other health test results.
You may however, request access to the personal information we hold about you. In some instances, charges may apply for the reproduction of results or images (if available). We will inform you of any costs before they are incurred. In some circumstances, your request may be denied for specific legal reasons as set out in the Privacy Act, including if the request is vexatious or a criminal investigation is under way.
You may also request that we correct the personal information we hold about you if you consider it to be inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
You may request access to, and/or correction of, your personal information by contacting our administration team on 08 8193 9522.
If your access or correction request is denied, a reason will be given to you, and we will inform you of the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal. In order to maintain the security of your personal information, two (2) forms of identification (such as a driver licence, and evidence of home address, such as from a utilities or council rates bill) will generally be required before copies of information will be supplied.
Though we cannot ensure the security of any internet transmissions (meaning that you transmit information to us over the internet at your own risk), all reasonable steps are taken to protect your personal information (including sensitive health information) held by Adelaide Women’s Imaging from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Records are held securely for future retrieval in accordance with applicable regulatory and legislative requirements and good business practice. If information is no longer needed, Adelaide Women’s Imaging will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to destroy the information or will ensure that the information is de-identified.
Our approach to privacy
Adelaide Women’s Imaging will protect your privacy by:
- Keeping your health information secure.
- Giving you reasonable access to the information we have concerning you.
- Providing you with a simple complaints mechanism for complaints relating to privacy issues.
- Ensuring a process for working with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to resolve any complaints that cannot be resolved directly with you.
- Providing written procedures and instructions for staff to ensure that privacy-sensitive processes are adhered to.
- Ensuring Adelaide Women’s Imaging’s external (including offshore) contractors, and third-party researchers to whom information is made available, comply with the Privacy Act and other relevant laws; and
- Continuing to review and improve our privacy practices.
Online access by non-Adelaide Women’s Imaging health professionals to your medical images and reports
Adelaide Women’s Imaging provides a secure web-based password-protected Referrer Portal for referring health professionals and hospital medical staff to access patients’ images and reports. Your personal (including sensitive health) information (such as images and reports) may be made available through this portal. Users of this service are subject to an obligation to collect health information with your consent and, in many cases, are bound by codes of practice relevant to their profession.
Health professionals may apply Adelaide Women’s Imaging for a username and password in order to access this service. Before a health professional is granted online access, they must accept the terms set out in a User Access Agreement stating that the information is required in order to provide a medical service and that it will not otherwise be used or knowingly shared or disclosed. Our systems trace, record and store indefinitely all access activity on every patient file.
Your personal (including sensitive health) information will be accessible online, via the Referrer Portal, to your referring health professional, who Adelaide Women’s Imaging records show is involved in your care (for example, your family doctor or specialist). With your express consent, or the express consent of another person acting for you (such as a parent acting for a child), or in situations where Adelaide Women’s Imaging is informed that there is a serious and imminent threat to your life, health or safety, we may also provide access to other health professionals. For example, you may elect to give express consent to Adelaide Women’s Imaging providing access to your personal (including sensitive health) information (such as images and reports) to medical specialists generally.
You can complain about how we have treated your personal information or privacy generally. Please send your complaint to the Adelaide Women’s Imaging Privacy Officer at the address below. The complaint will be investigated, and a response will be sent to you as quickly as possible. We will endeavour to respond to you within 14 days of receipt of the complaint. If you are dissatisfied with the response, you can refer the matter to the Australian Information Commissioner.
Adelaide Women’s Imaging
Attention: Privacy Officer
PO Box 7054, Hutt Street Adelaide SA 5000
Phone: 08 8309 2222
Fax: 08 8309 2200
Download the Privacy Complaint form
In using this Site, you acknowledge that Adelaide Women’s Imaging does not seek to nor does it provide medical, hospital, nursing, dental, psychiatric, pharmaceutical, community health or health education services, podiatry, chiropractic or any alternative health services or health services or advice of any kind through the Site. Adelaide Women’s Imaging does not necessarily advocate nor adhere to any of the information, advice, treatments or drugs mentioned, described or discussed at the Site. Adelaide Women’s Imaging also does not offer any diagnostic advice or service through the Site. If you require diagnostic services, please visit a Dr Jones & Partners Medical Imaging clinic.
The Content which Adelaide Women’s Imaging makes available at the Site is not intended, whether expressly or impliedly (a) to constitute professional medical or health care advice or diagnosis or treatment or (b) to be relied upon without any professional consultation or independent consideration by a qualified medical practitioner.
You use this Site at your risk. You must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Content.
You acknowledge that the Content available at this Site or through this Site may be explicit, offensive to you and/or may not accord with your personal, religious or philosophical beliefs, and you agree that Adelaide Women’s Imaging is not responsible for any offence caused.
Adelaide Women’s Imaging does not warrant that the Content provided satisfies government regulations which apply to the disclosure of information on prescription drugs, if applicable.
You acknowledge that parts of this Site are provided or maintained by third-party providers (“Providers”) and not by us. Your correspondence or dealings with any Providers are solely between you and that Provider, and you agree that we will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings.
We endeavour to provide a convenient and functional Site, but we do not guarantee that the Content will be error-free, or that the Site or the server that operates it are free of viruses or other harmful components.
If your use of the Site results in the need for servicing or replacing property, material, equipment or data, we will not be responsible for such costs.
Without limiting the above provisions, and to the extent legally permissible, everything on the Site is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without guarantee, warranty or condition of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied guarantees or warranties of acceptable quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
Links to Other Sites
This Site contains links to other websites. Adelaide Women’s Imaging is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites and recommends that you carefully read the terms and policies of all third party websites you visit.
Limitation of our Liability
To the extent that we are able under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), any equivalent State and Territory laws, or any other relevant legislation to limit the remedies available in respect of any non-excludable guarantee, warranty or condition, we expressly limit our liability for breach of a guarantee, condition or warranty implied by virtue of any legislation to the following remedies (the choice of which is at our sole discretion):
In the case of goods, any one or more of the following:
- The replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods.
- The repair of the goods.
- The payment of the costs of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods.
- The payment of the costs of having the goods repaired; or
In the case of services:
- Supply of the services again; or
- The payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Nothing is intended to limit or exclude any liability on our part where and to the extent that applicable law (e.g. the Competition and Consumer Act) prohibits such exclusion or limitation.
You waive, release, discharge and relinquish any and all claims that you now have or may have against us, our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives (the “Adelaide Women’s Imaging indemnified parties”) which are connected with, arise out of, relate to or are incidental to the use of the Site.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Adelaide Women’s Imaging indemnified parties harmless from and against any and all claims, loss, damage, tax, liability and/or expense that may be incurred by the Adelaide Women’s Imaging indemnified parties arising out of or in connection with your use and interaction with this Site (except as caused by the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the Adelaide Women’s Imaging indemnified parties) including the legal costs, fees and expenses of defending ourselves against any claim by any other person and/or as a result of your negligent act or omission.
You further agree to indemnify and hold the Adelaide Women’s Imaging indemnified parties harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the violation of these terms by you, or the infringement by you, or other user of this Site using your user name and password, of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or entity.
These indemnities are subject to the provisions under the headings “Limitation of our Liability”.